Roasted Bone Marrow with Agrodolce
Decadent roasted bone marrow is topped with a bright agrodolce and paired with Cabernet Sauvignon.
• 8 ea Veal Marrow Bones, Spit Lengthwise
• 8 c Ice Cold Water
• ¼ c Table Salt
• TT Salt & Fresh Ground Black pepper
• 8 ea Slices of Good Ciabatta Bread
• ½ c Golden Raisins
• ½ c White Verjus
• 1/3 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ¼ c Slivered Almonds
• 3 ea Medium Shallots
• ½ tsp Lemon Zest
• ½ c Flat Leaf Parsley, Chiffonade
1. Place raisins and verjus in medium bowl and allow them to soften for about 10 minutes
2. Combine oil and almonds in a small skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flesh is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and allow them to cool.
3. Mix raisins, onion, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes into almonds. Sprinkle with salt and let it stand for about 10 minutes. Toss in parsley just before serving to keep that vibrant green color.
1. Combine ice water and table salt in large Tupperware container and place bones inside. Allow bones to sit for up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Sprinkle marrow bones with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4. Place bones on a tray or ovenproof skillet, bone side down. Place in oven and roast until the bones are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
5. Carefully remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly.
6. Spread soft marrow on toasted ciabatta bread and top with agrodolce.