Lobster and Shrimp Corn Dog with Cajun Remoulade
Fun and decadent come together in a delicious lobster and shrimp corn dog with a Cajun remoulade paired perfectly with Chardonnay or Sparkling wine.
• 2 pounds Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
• ½ Cup Lobster Claw and Knuckle Meat
• 1 Tsp Salt
• ½ Tsp Fresh Tarragon, chopped
• ½ Tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
Corn Dog Batter
• 1 Cup Pancake Mix
• 1 Cup Corn Meal
• 2 Tsp Salt
• 2 Tsp Old Bay Spice
• 1 Cup + 3 Tbsp Buttermilk
• 2 Tbsp Water
• 2 Tsp Baking Powder
• 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
• 4 Cup Vegetable Oil
• ½ Cup Mayonnaise
• 3 Tbsp Crème Fraiche
• 2 Tsp Capers, chopped
• 2 Tsp Cornichons, chopped
• ½ Tsp Parsley, chopped
• ½ Tsp Tarragon, chopped
• 1 Garlic Clove, minced
• ½ Tsp Dijon Mustard
• ½ Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
• ¼ Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 Pinch Old Bay Spice
• ¼ Tsp Lemon Juice
• ¼ Tsp Paprika
• ¼ to ½ Tsp Tabasco Sauce
Combine ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
1. Chop shrimp and place in food processor with salt, tarragon and parsley. Blend on high until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and fold in lobster meat. Mix well.
3. Place mixture into a plastic piping bag. Roll out a 12-inch piece of plastic wrap, and pipe mixture in a long cylinder.
4. Carefully fold the plastic over the cylinder and roll the plastic up to create a sausage like roll. Twist ends to tighten.
5. Heat a large pot of water to 180˚F and place seafood rolls in water with a colander or skimmer on top to keep them submerged. Cook for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and transfer them to an ice bath.
6. Remove sausage rolls from ice bath and twist ends one more time to tighten the rolls.
7. Cut the rolls into 3-inch pieces and remove all plastic wrap. Place a wooden skewer in each 3-inch chunk and set aside.
8. Combine all ingredients for corn dog batter in mixing bowl and mix until incorporated. If mixture is too thick, add a little water at a time to loosen.
Heat oil in saucepan to 350˚F. Place 1 cup of all-purpose flour into a bowl. Dredge the skewered sausage in flour.
9. Dip floured sausage into the corn dog batter, coating evenly.
10. Gently dip each coated roll into the hot oil, one at a time, and fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
12. Serve with Cajun Remoulade.