Choose well-balanced, fruit-forward wines like Malbec, Zinfandel, and Merlot to pair with loaded nachos. These wines won’t overpower the bold flavors of a loaded plate.
• 1 lb. ground beef (or protein of choice)
• Tortilla chips
• 2 cups Mexican-style cheese blend
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 taco seasoning packet
• 1/4 c. water
• 1/2 cup fresh jalapeños, sliced
• Sour cream
• Black olives
…or whatever you want!
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add ground beef (or protein of choice) and cook until brown, or no longer pink. Drain the fat!
5. Add garlic and taco seasoning to the skillet mix, then add water and combine.
6. On a non-stick baking sheet, assemble your tortilla chips. Top with the beef skillet mix, spreading evenly across the sheet. Top generously with cheese, black beans, and jalapeños.
7. Bake your nachos until the cheese melts.
8. Once out of the oven, top with all your favorite ingredients!