A classic hummus is elevated when served with Rosé or Sparkling wine.
• (1) 15 oz. can of chickpeas
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
• Salt, to taste
• 1-3 Tbsp. water
1. Combine lemon juice and tahini in a food processor or blender for approx. 1 minute.
2. Toss in the olive oil, garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Process for approx. 1 minute.
3. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for approx. 1 minute, then add remaining chickpeas and process until smooth. If the hummus is not your ideal consistency, add water—tablespoon by tablespoon—and continue to process.
4. Serve with your favorite vegetables, warm pita, or pretzels.