The bubbles of a Sparkling Wine or sweet of Moscato are a lovely complement to the sweet and tart flavors of a Cherry Cobbler.
• 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted and split
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 4 tbsp cold butter, diced
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp cold butter, diced
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Combine cherries, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add cherry mixture to a casserole dish. Dot with butter and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix or cut butter and dry ingredients together until the dough is the size of peas.
4. Gradually add the heavy cream while mixing by hand, until the dough mixture just comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Drop the dough in little pieces on top of the cherries. Leave gaps between the dough and the pieces should resemble little puffy clouds.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate pan and reduce heat to 350˚F. Bake for 4 to 7 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
8. Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream or gelato.