Argentinian-Style Marinated Steak
Malbec is the perfect pairing for Argentinian-Style steak but Red Blends, particularly a GSM or Syrah-based red have the concentrated dark fruit notes that balance herbaceous notes in the dish. The structure of these wines are dense and rich, which pairs wonderfully with the grilled meat.
• 2-3lbs Tri tip steak, rinsed
• 6 ea Garlic cloves, peeled
• 1/2 tsp Black pepper, ground
• 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp Lime juice
• l Tbsp Fresh oregano leaves, chopped
• 1Tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1/2 cup Olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender except for steak and salt and blend until smooth to create the marinade.
2. Coat the steak evenly in the marinade and allow it to sit for no less than 4 hours and no more than 24 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to high for 15-20 minutes. Remove steak from the marinade and sprinkle with salt. Then sear 5-S minutes per side.
4. Lower the temperature to medium low and continue to cook the steak with the lid closed for about 6-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130°.
5. Remove the steak from the grill and allow it tr› rest fear 10-15 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain for a more tender steak.