- Your Thanksgiving Table0
- Wine & Cheese0
- Halloween Treats5
Appetizers & Salads25
- Butternut Squash and Portobello Mushroom Bruschetta
- Bruschetta and Toppings
- Beef Tenderloin Crostini with Thyme Aioli
- Grilled Brocollini and Ricotta on Bruschetta
- Contemporary Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Salad in Endive
- Bleu Cheese Mousse with Red Grapes and Walnuts
- The Trolley Car
- Bruschetta with Portobellos
- Asiago Cheese with Roasted Red Pepper Olive Oil, and Basil
- Fabulous Feta and Artichoke Spread
- The French Connection
- The Greek Island
- Mediterranean Masterpiece
- Portabello & Gruyere Canapes
- Phyllo Chicken Triangles
- Bruschetta Margherita
- Prosciutto & Mozzarella Bruschetta
- Curried Mushroom Dumplings
- Chicken and Ham Choi Bao
- Summer Salad
- Pear, Parmigiano, and Pine Nut Salad
- Salad of Bitter Greens & Oranges
- Italian Bread Salad with Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Mediterranean Salad
- Cheese Tortellini with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Rigatoni with Hearty Sausage Sauce
- Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese & Greens
- Pasta Alla Bolognese
- Garlic Polenta
- Penne with Quick Tomato Sauce & Ricotta Cheese
- Creamy Chicken Penne
- Spicy Thai Noodles
- Citrus Barbecued Chicken Breasts
- Chicken with Goat Cheese & Peppers
- Mesquite Chicken Salad
- Farfalle Pasta with Chicken, Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
- Barbequed Chicken Portabella
- Grilled Tangerine Chicken
- Red Wine Pot Roast with Porcini Mushrooms
- Barefoot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Beef Stew
- Chargrilled Skirt Steak
- Napa Valley Burger
- Cheese Burger with Vidalia Onions
- Grilled Hot Dogs with Mango Chutney and Red Onion Relish
- Barbecued Sirloin Steak with Confit Garlic Butter
- Bush Steak with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Sirloin Steak Kabobs
- The Wellington
- Grouper with Horseradish Sauce
- Ginger-Honey Amberjack
- Broiled Fish & Vegetables
- Snapper Boca Chica
- Grilled Mahi-mahi with Mango-Maize Salsa
- BBQ Lemon Pepper Salmon with Parsley, Lime & Caper Dressing
- Grilled Squid with Lemon Pepper and Herb Salad
- Grilled Lemon Halibut
- Tasmanian Shrimp with Red Chilies
Chardonnay Turkey Gravy
Difficulty - Beginner
Yield - 1 quart
Prep Time - 20 minutes
Cook Time - 90 minutes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup Half and Half
- ¼ cup carrot
- ¼ cup celery
- ½ cup onion
- 3 cups poultry stock
- 1 cup Ghost Pines Chardonnay
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp chopped sage
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter, flour, and half and half in a saucepan. Whisk on low heat until the flour is turned a nutty brown color.
- Add carrot, celery, and onion to the mixture and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in stock, Napa Valley Chardonnay, and dry sherry.
- Add bay leaves, thyme, garlic, and chopped sage.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Strain and keep warm. Season to taste.
Just how we like great consistency in wine, we also enjoy great consistency in our gravy. Here are some suggestions to make great gravy!
- Is your gravy too runny? Keep on the heat and simmer for a longer amount of time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Is your gravy too thick? Add Chardonnay, chicken stock, or even water until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Do you have turkey drippings? Scoop those up and put them in a fat separator. Once separated, add to the gravy.
- Insider’s Tip: add 2 ounces of Glace de Poulet (chicken demi-glaze) before seasoning with salt and pepper. This addition, which is essentially a thicker chicken bouillon, adds color and richness to the gravy.
- Some of our favorite additions to gravy include: Sautéed mushrooms, Giblets, Cayenne pepper.
Wine Pairing Suggestion: Ghost Pines Chardonnay
Special Email Offers
Welcome to The Barrel Room
This site is intended for those of legal drinking age.
By entering The Barrel Room website, you affirm that you are of legal drinking age
in the country where the site is accessed.